Have you ever taken a shortcut on Mooretown Road and seen this really cool building with gold domes?
That building is Saint Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church, and this weekend they are having a big fat Greek Festival! Opa!
May 1st – 3rd, 2015
FRIDAY & SATURDAY
NOON – 8PM
4900 MOORETOWN ROAD
According to my inside sources, here is what you will find at the festival:
– All sorts of Greek food made by authentic yayas! And yayas in training! Spanikopita, Tiropita, Baklava, some kind of Greek doughnut I don’t know how to say and MUCH much more. If you miss the Sunday brunches they used to do here, here is your chance!
– There’s a big raffle! tickets are $10 and here are the prizes:
a big 46″ flatscreen TV
two season passes to Busch Gardens
– Jewelry and all sorts of crafts
– Adorable little Greek dancers. Apparently the little kids will be performing traditional Greek dances in costumes. Adorbz!
– Tours of the church. In a Greek Orthodox church, the adornment in the church is actually a part of its spirituality. Learn more about what icons mean in this faith or simply admire their beauty!
It’s FREE to get in the festival but of course the food & etc will cost money. All the money they raise will go to church to help them pay the mortgage. A great cause and a good time.
If you go, please post your picks to the What’s Happening Williamsburg Facebook Page so others can see how it is. Thanks!